Monday, November 21, 2011

I just used a blackhead tool to remove some blackheads on my nose. Should i use St. Ives apricot scrub to...?

wash it or would it be fine without it? Also is St. Ives apricot scrub good for clearing blackheads? I just used a blackhead tool to remove some blackheads on my nose. Should i use St. Ives apricot scrub to...?
I am a licensed skin therapist. Here is the procedure I recommend for removing black heads.


First , boil water. Wash your face twice. Then exfoliate. I recommend Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or their medibac line.Cover your head with a towel and put your face at least 6 inches above the water (not too close, or you will burn yourself.) Do this for about 10 minutes. What this does is soften your skin and sebum for easier extractions (blackhead removal). Make sure your comedone extractor is sterilized. After, cleanse again to remove any excess extractions, and then use an oil absorbing mask such as the anti-bac cooling mask from Dermalogica.


I don't recommend any type of apricot scrub for any skin type. The grounded apricot kernels are too jagged and will cause micro-contusions on the skin, which may cause bacteria to enter the skin and cause more skin break outs.


After the mask (use 2-3 times a wk) use a spray toner and then use an oil-free moisturizer. If you don't use moisturizer, your skin will produce more oil because it is trying to protect itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment